Friday, August 22, 2008

Fundraising!

Today I helped my local 99s chapter, The Lake Erie 99s, with their only fundraising event: scooping poo at a local dog show. Yes, you read that correctly. Believe it or not, it's very profitable, so rather than selling candy bars door to door or some such activity, this is the only fundraiser they need. Even volunteer organizations need funds to keep running, and we are no exeption.

This was my first year helping, and let me say, it reinforced my belief that I am now a resolved cat person. Then again, I didn't see the best of the dogs. Like people, they are nervous, and it shows. Some of the piles were like cowpies. Blech.

The chapter has been very supportive of my Girls With Wings activities, so I have no complaint also helping them out. They even selected me as this year's Pilot of the Year. See their website: http://lakeerie99s.homestead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment