Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Congratulations, Amy!


Have you met Amy? She is the winner of the 2nd Annual Girls With Wings Scholarship - $1000 to use for flying lessons toward her private pilot's license! You can read her application essay, but let me just say, she nailed the pre-requisites. The deadline was November 1st, and Amy found out she'd gotten it via the Girls With Wings eZine. She was a little excited...
We received some incredible essays, which were to include a photo, stating why the applicant believes she is a role model for Girl With Wings™, to include her motivation, inspirations and future plans. Some essays captured this requirement with humor, some with a sad story; unfortunately some did not address this issue at all. Ultimately, the winning submission was judged on her willingness to be a superlative GWW role model. She shows potential to continue her interaction with the GWW organization, via the website and events, so she assists GWW in encouraging more young girls to have an interest in aviation. The only prerequisite was that applicants must not have yet received her private pilot's license.
Amy is 20 years old and also a junior at Dowling College, majoring in Aviation management with a professional pilot minor. "Anyone who knows me can assure you that I have a deep-rooted passion for Aviation. I think about it all the time. It is my first thought in the morning and my last thought as I close my eyes to rest at night." But besides this, she clinched it with "I also try to spark an interest in aviation in other people, not just girls, and share with them what a rewarding, interesting and amazing field it is." She signed herself up for the newsletter, a membership, the message board, in addition to following the application process exactly. Oh, and did we mention this part:
"I am so glad to have found Girls with Wings; it is a great website which unites women who share a passion for aviation and allows a venue for us women to give each other advice, motivation and also share stories.Whenever I am feeling insecure about being able to reach my goals I simply go to the website and I find myself once again motivated and prepared for the next day and all of the obstacles that stand in the way of reaching my goal which will one day prove to be well worth the effort."
A little flattery for the decision board never hurts your chances of success.
If you would like more tips on how to successfully apply for financial aid, please read general scholarship information. Sign up for the Girls With Wings eZine. Please donate to next year's scholarship so we can enable more people to achieve their full potential.

1 comment:




  1. Hey,
    Thanks for sharing this weblog its very useful to put into effect in our work


    Regards.
    Best women clothing site in west delhi

    ReplyDelete