Thursday, February 07, 2008

Training...

If you are wondering why I haven't been blogging, it's because I'm getting ready to attend my recurrent Beechjet training down in Texas. Every year pilots have certain training requirements. My employer goes above and beyond by sending us to a training center for a week and gives us refresher training on the FARs and our aircraft ('course, we HAVE to do a checkride - no way around that).


In addition to the studying, I'm still working on getting the Girls With Wings message out to girls. Today I went to a local elementary school and talked to 31 fourth grade girls about flying. I only had 40 minutes and that just "flew" by. The girls were so interested - I think they could have asked questions for hours!



Basically what I did was take a cockpit poster and talk them through an enroute chart, ATC, and the different instruments. At the end I told them that at first something can seem really difficult, but if you break it down in to parts, it's easy! Plus, you have to ask questions so you make sure you understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment