Friday, April 04, 2008

The April Girls With Wings eZine

Click to view in html: http://app.e2ma.net/campaign/193ebe95627e73dc80f6e9622d1617a8

Thank you WIA Conference Attendees! This is GWW's third year at the annual Women in Aviation event, and it gets better every time. There was a lot of positive energy 'round the colorful "Yes, Girls Can Fly!" tees, which I attribute directly to the enthusiasm and energy of the volunteer staff, shown at right. We enjoyed meeting all of the visitors to our booth and look forward to seeing you at future events, like Oshkosh.

In this life we cannot always do great things. We can only do small things with great love.-Mother Teresa
I need your help, as a volunteer or to advise me on how to reach out to more girls' groups. Please email me with your ideas.

The Girls With Wings Program is nearing completion. In less than a year, I will have spoken to nearly one thousand girls! I am always on the lookout for potential certified GWW Reps.
Presentations / Date
Girl Scouts at NASA 21-Oct-06
Brownies at NASA 17-Nov-07
Harrison Elementary 7-Feb-08
Girl Scouts in N. Olmsted 4-Mar-08
N.Ridgeville School 19-Mar-08
Gesu Catholic School Career Day 4-Apr-08
Cuyahoga Community College 19-Apr-08
Saint Joseph Career Day 21-Apr-08
Holy Name Elementary 22-Apr-08
Lakewood Library Program 3-May-08
Lakewood Recreation Center 5/31, 6/28

Flyabout - a documentary from Monika, one of our new Girls With Wings. This is the heartfelt, personal story of a young woman who gets a pilot's license, inspires her father to do the same and, together with him, follows her dream to fly a plane around the continent of Australia. Her introduction to the Aboriginal Walkabout brings on the realization that piloting the plane won't be the hardest part of the trip.
I give it a thumbs up, way UP! - Lynda.

Flyabout is available in the GWW store.

Hey Rotor Heads! Paul Berriff, a British Television Producer/Director, is developing a major television series about women helicopter pilots. They are looking for women in action professions like law enforcement, firefighting, coastguard, etc. Total hours flying is no issue. The series will be 6 x 60 minutes for USA Primetime, UK, European and stations around the world. The programs will promote female pilots as role models and also have a high educational content. Interested?

1st Time in the Girls With Wings Store: Girls or Ladies Visor.

Please visit the Message Board to see all of the new posts. After signing in, you can select "View posts since your last visit" to easily catch up.

Touching History: The Untold Story of the Drama That Unfolded in the Skies over America on 9/11 by Girl With Wings Lynn Spencer.

New Girls With Wings:
Kim: When aviation presented it to me, I took it and ran! My parents were very supportive. I think my mom is really proud that I'm in a male dominated field.

Gabrielle: I just received my Private Pilot's license on March 6th and the day I took my mother flying is a day I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment